If you are a US expat in Puerto Armuelles, and need some assistance from the US Embassy, a drive to Boquete may solve your issues and is a lot closer than a trip to Panama City. Schedule your occasional trip to David for supplies at the same time and make the drive worthwhile! The information below describes the services being offered in September.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Panama would like to inform U.S. citizens in Western Panama that we will be visiting Boquete, Chiriqui on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 to provide consular services to U.S. citizens.
We will be at the Boquete Public Library in Boquete, Chiriqui from 10:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. on Tuesday, September 29, 2015. We will offer the following services:
– Applications for U.S. passports (these services will be processed in Panama)
– Passport Renewal (adults and minors)
– Adding Pages to Passports (requires surrendering passport)
– Lost or Stolen Passports
– Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status (please bring from I-407 and Permanent Resident Card)
– Voting Registration (Please print and complete the form at: http://registertovote.org/index.html)
1. Please bring legible photocopies of all documents to be submitted.
2. Please bring the exact cash amount to pay for the service.
3. Please bring completed forms. Please access the following link for information on fees, and forms you need to download, complete and bring: http://panama.usembassy.gov/service.html
A representative from the Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) will be offering the following services:
– Medicare enrollment/cancellation (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)
– Application for SS replacement cards (copy of current US Passport)
– Application for new SS card for children under age 12 (copy of US Passport for one of the parents, the child’s copia integra and passport)
– Change of address/residence (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)
– General inquiries
Please note: No visa services will be provided. Services will be provided on first come – first serve basis.
Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to seeing you.
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Panama